It’s that time again! With winter behind us and the heat of summer in the near future, now is a great time to do some quick home maintenance.
- Gutters and Downspouts: Check your gutters and downspouts for leaves and debris, making sure that water runs smoothly from the gutter, through the downspout, and safely away from your home.
- Screens and Seals: Keep your energy bills down by checking for rips or tears in window or door screens – open windows in mild weather area great green alternative to constant A/C. Check the caulk in the same areas (windows and doors) for cracking.
- Roof Check: Check for loose or missing shingles. Remember, you can use binoculars if ladders make you queasy!
- Dryer Vent: Particles of lint can build up, decreasing the efficiency of your machine. Unchecked, this lint easily catches fire!
- Asphault, Concrete and Stucco: The constant freezing/thawing cycles of winter can cause cracks in these composite materials. Repairs are pretty easy if done as soon as cracks are caught!
There are many simple maintenance issues that, if left undone, can turn into expensive hassles. Quick repairs can save you time, money and headaches in the future!
Follow up on Pinterest for even more home care tips!