When selling your home, it’s important to remember that your interior and exterior need to visually attract both male and female buyers. Read on to learn how to make your home universally appealing.
- Professional home stagers: They consult with homeowners to sell their homes quickly and for the most money possible. They consider demographics, buying psychology, design elements and lighting.
- Personal space: Men tend to gravitate towards rooms with gadgets and electronics. They appreciate open spaces and high ceilings—clean, streamlined rooms that men can easily walk through without obstructions.
- Cater to interests: Men don’t generally prefer fancy or frilly. They want to watch the big game with buddies or relax after work.
- Simplified color scheme: Don’t overwhelm any potential buyers with wild colors or furniture, even if you feel it makes your home “special.” Warm interior tones are generally preferred over cool tones.
- Garage envy: Think about painted walls, clean floors and enough storage for various hobbies. A built-in workbench, organized shelving as well as clean, spacious areas for tools, equipment and maintenance supplies are a great draw.
- The yard: A well-maintained lawn can really help boost your home’s appeal along with thick, healthy grass, minimal bushes to trim and easy-to-maintain flower beds.
Staging your home to visually appeal to men as well as women will ensure a better joint response from potential buyers.